This simple beef chilli recipe is perfect for all occasions. This wholesome, versatile dish is great for a family meal or a great batch cooking solution for game day. Follow my best beef chilli recipe for a dandy and delicious meal.
Beef chilli has many ways of different ways of being cooked and it doesn’t have to come from a ready-made spice mix to make it quick and simple. This chilli recipe is not only easy but also full of flavour. This recipe gives you the basics of a versatile dish which can then be further developed into different meals for every night of the week. Even frozen, and served for weeks at a time literally everything gets a little bit better with chilli on!
Quick and Easy Beef Chili
How simple is it to turn this dish into a vegetarian or vegan chilli recipe?
Easily! Just swap the beef stock cube with a vegetable one then you can substitute the beef for a vegetarian substitute, such as Quorn mince or even just mixed beans!
Do you need any particular equipment for this recipe?
I make all of my chillis in a large non-stick pan, which most people have in their kitchens, however, this recipe can also be cooked in a slow cooker.
Can you freeze beef chilli?
This particular recipe is suitable for home freezing for up to one month from the date of cooking. If you planning on batch cooking, you will want some decent sized Tupperware with lids for storing.
What other ways can I serve this beef chilli?
- Beef Chilli Nachos
- Chilli Cheese Hot dog
- Chilli Beef Burrito
- Mexican Cottage Pie
- Jacket Potato Topping
- Beef Chilli Burger
Beef Chilli Recipe
- 1 kg of Beef Mince or diced beef chuck
- 1 x white Onion (Chunky Diced)
- 1 x carrot (Chunky Diced)
- 1/2 Tsp Cayenne pepper / Chilli Flakes/powder
- 1 Tbsp Garlic / Garlic powder
- 1/2 Tbsp Paprika
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/2 tbsp Smoked Paprika
- 1 tbsp Cumin
- 1/2 tbsp Coriander
- 1/2 tbsp Oregano
- 5 squares of dark chocolate (Any brand)
- 1 x beef stock cube
- 1 x tin of chopped tomatoes
- 1 x tin of kidney beans
- 1 x beef stock cube
- fresh coriander for garnish
- Salt + pepper
1. Fry the diced white onion, and diced carrot's in oil with the garlic until browned on a medium- high heat
2. Once browned add in the beef chuck/ mince, brown off in a high heat (season the meat with salt and pepper when you put it in the pan) Ensure the mince is throughly
3. Add all of the spice's stirring them in to the beef and cook for a furthur 2-3 minutes before adding the chopped tomatoes.
4. Add 500 ml's of warm water and leave simmering on a medium/ low heat for 20 minutes stirring regularly. It will reduce.
5. Add the beef stock cube. dark chocolate and kidney beans and cook out for a furthur 10 minutes. Season with salt and pepper
6. Serve with rice or on top of chips for chilli cheese fries or in a burrito
This Chilli will last for 3 days after cooking. Be sure to freeze all leftovers! which will last in a freezer up to a month